Friday, June 17, 2011

Brian Dixon


Brian Dixon started his presentation with a survey question from www.polleverywhere.com. It was actually introduced to me in one of my staff meetings and we answered questions through the polls. I then began to think how this could use this in my classroom. I could use this this site to see what kind of prior knowledge the student have or I could use it as a form a formative assessment. I could use it to see what books the student wanted to read during the year or what type of projects they would like to complete. This will get the students involved in some of the decision making process. I liked how Brian Dixon started his presentation with the poll question and geared the discussion according to the results. This made the discussion specific to the group at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment