Friday, June 17, 2011

Google Docs/Amazon

This was my first time using Google Docs. It was a little confusing at first, but I got the hang of it after continued use. I think it is a great way to collaborate with peers and interact. I will say that I liked and understood it better than PBWorks.

I never really pay attention to reviews on Amazon or other sites like it. I don't feel I can gain a true perspective of a book through another person's opinion. Additionally, if it is a book for class, I don't have a choice anyway. That will be the assigned book for class if I enjoy it or if I don't. Therefore, I don't really think it will be beneficial or have any effect if I read the review. I did not but my book from Amazon, so it would not let me post on their site. I have included my review for Rethinking Education in the Age of Technology:The Digital Revolution and Schooling in America.

Chapters 1 & 2
In these chapters, Collins and Halverson discuss how education is changed over the years, and people should embrace the change. They start out by explaining how education has had the same format for a long time. This format is not current with the desires and pizazz that today’s students need. They discuss how various people, across a wide spectrum, seek education or advancement through technology. A very striking story they discussed was about a high school student that dropped out of school because he was bored. The student was still interested in computer programming and enrolled in classes online. He gained his accreditation and obtained a job through the route he drastically desired. Collins and Halverson discuss how technology allows people of any age gain education through their own terms. Technology is a part of the ever-changing world, and they discuss how it should be incorporated into every educational system. Technology open so many windows for education and the students.There are endless capabilities and opportunities for the learner. It allows learners adapt their education to their life. It can possibly meet all there needs and desires.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, this post is not showing up. Let me know if anybody else is having difficulty viewing.

    ReplyDelete